Treatments & Procedures
Feet support the body weight, maintain posture and also help in movement. As the feet bear the entire weight of the body; they are more prone to injuries such as calluses, corns, cracks, rough surfaces, fungal infection and traumatic injuries.
To maintain good health of the feet, one should always wear comfortable, good quality and proper fitting footwear. These footwear also prevent foot injuries.
Specially-designed shoe inserts, called orthoses, helps in alignment and stabilization of the feet and also reduce foot pain.
Tips for foot care
The basic instructions for maintaining beautiful and healthy feet include:
- Wash your feet properly and also scrub them to remove the dead skin
- Check your feet regularly for early signs of injuries such as redness, discoloration, cracks, or other abnormalities
- Wear appropriate sized foot wear that support the arches and tendons
- Footwear should have adequate ventilation to prevent fungal infection
- Keep the area between the toes dry and clean
- Cut the toenails properly and regularly
- Never try to remove a corn, callus or ingrown toenail at home, as it can induce infection
- Moisturise the feet properly to prevent cracks
- While sitting for a long time, keep moving the feet and ankles at regular interval to promote circulation of blood in the feet
- Avoid exposure of the feet to high temperature
- Stretch your feet daily and perform foot exercises
- Never ignore foot pain. Consult a podiatrist for appropriate treatment.